Welcome to ChemAdmit
Click here to Log In using your MIT Certificates: Log In
This site has moved to http://chemadmit.mit.edu. Any old links to the previous site will be automatically redirected to this page. Please update your bookmarks.
This project aims to streamline the admissions decision process by digitizing all documents and capturing ratings for each prospective student in an online database. The data can be shared and reviewed by authorized professors within the department, allowing Division Leaders to rapidly make admissions decisions.
Your feedback and suggestions are valued as we tweak the features of this site. Please send comments and suggestions to ChemAdmit@mit.edu
Site Features and goals
The list of site features continue to grow as we conduct more testing and evaluate your feedback:
- All sensitive user information is projected via MIT Certificates. Only authorized persons are permitted access to the site and its contents.
- Features for Professors
- Applicants are sorted by Division
- An online ratings system allows professors to leave their comments and ratings for an applicant in an online survey format
- Professors can see the ratings and recommendations of other professors and can leave comments to facilitate discussions
- Features for Division Leaders
- Division Leaders have the capability of assigning specific applicants to specific professors.
- Within each applicant's file, the Division Leader can see a summary of all recommendations for that student and can make a final Admit or Reject recommendation to the Admissions Chair
- Live statistics show how many students have been Admitted or Rejected into each department
To use this site, you must first Log In